Top ranked special educational needs solicitors
We have compiled a detailed set of factsheets which give an overview to the practical law concerning special educational needs.
The factsheets are intended as free general guidance and are not individual tailored legal advice. You should always seek individual advice before taking any particular action.
The following are addressed to parents or young people over the age of 16. The content is however just as applicable to professionals supporting individuals with special educational needs:
- What are Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
- What additional support is available for my child/young person?
- How will my child/young persons' Statement of SEN/learning difficulty assessment change to an EHCP?
- New rules for young people over the age of 16
- What is the local offer?
- What are personal budgets and direct payments?
- My Local Authority has refused to assess my child
- The Education, Health & Care (EHC) needs assessment
- Challenging the contents of an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP)
- What is mediation?
- The Appeals process
- How will my child/young persons' EHCP be reviewed and amended?
- I am unhappy about the decision of the Special Educational Needs & Disability Tribunal (SENDIST)
- When will my child/young persons' EHCP come to an end?
- School selection & transport
- Post 16 transport
- Changes to SEND law in Wales
I am so happy at the outcome, I don't think we would have had such a comprehensive service from any other law firm, and you took the worry away...I do not regret a single second of the whole process, apart from the bit before you got involved.
James' mother, Boyes Turner client
Please get in touch 0118 467 6547
Or we are happy to call you back at a time that suits you
Office open Mon - Fri: 08:30 - 18:00
We are here to help
For more information or to speak to one of our experts, please call 0118 467 6547